Yes, I know, it's a week late. I've been giving Mac some extra time. He's just so very close to crawling, and I wanted to give him a chance to have that included in his 7-month update. I guess Mac prefers to save it for an entirely separate post.
Meanwhile, Mac is:
- Getting up on all fours (sometimes knees, sometimes feet). He does lots of push-ups and is totally ready to enlist. Seriously, he does more push-ups before 7 am than I do all year.
- Spinning around on his belly and scooting backwards. He's been doing both of these for a while, but just this week he has figured out that he can navigate that way.
- Babbling like crazy. All kinds of vowels and consonants.
- Making motorboat sounds. It's one of the things he does when he's concentrating.
- As of yesterday, sticking out his tongue a little when he's working really hard on something. So cute! I've got to get a photo!
- Eating, eating, eating!
- Branching out into finger foods. Puffs, yogurt melts, sweet potato fries (with cinnamon and brown sugar), baby carrots, and as of Easter dinner, ham! (Well, he just sucked on a big chunk of ham, but he loved it!)
- Working on his pincer grasp. He does really well picking up bigger foods (baby carrots or sweet potato fries). He's also picking up the puffs and yogurt melts, but hasn't figured out how to open his fingers when he tries to put them in his mouth.
- Learning cause and effect and how things work. He really likes toys that play music if he pushes buttons.
- Sleeping really well at night. He goes to bed around 7ish, then wakes up around 5 or 5:30 am. Then we snuggle in our bed until 6 or 6:30.
- Not sleeping during the day. We've ditched the swing, and he's boycotting naps in protest. More often than not, he's taking two or three 30-minute naps.