Monday, November 8, 2010

Last Day of Full-Time Maternity Leave

Today was my last day of full-time maternity leave. Tomorrow, I start back at work. I'll be working Tuesdays and Fridays through November; in December I'll work Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Then in January, I'll work full time, but I'll telecommute on Mondays and Wednesdays. So today was by no means my last day at home with Mac.

Still, it was bittersweet.  I tried to do laundry and get ready for work tomorrow, but I also wanted to enjoy my last day of a long vacation. Mac was perfect. He slept all morning long, which allowed me to get through the most important laundry. Then, all afternoon and evening, he insisted that we do this:

Cuddle!
While it was a little frustrating that he even got upset when I put him in the swing to use the restroom, I appreciated it, because it's what I really wanted to do, myself.

So tomorrow begins the MacDaddy's stint as "Mr. Mom."  I have a feeling it'll be a smoother transition for him than it was for Michael Keaton. He already has plenty of experience taking care of Mac, and he's really good at it.

As for me, I bet I'll spend most of the day Tuesday looking forward to Wednesday at home with my baby boy! (Well, when I'm not bragging about him, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment