Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Odds and Ends ... or: You Wanna See Some Photos?

I just have so many things to share, and so many photos I know you'd love to see.

Here are some of the things Mac has been doing lately:

  • He's awake for several hours a day now. This is a huge change from the first few weeks, when he slept at least 20 hours a day, and barely managed to stay awake for 20 minutes of each feeding.(I know, I know, he's asleep in all the photos below. I guess when he's awake, I like to play with him, so I miss the opportunity to take photos.)
  • He's sleeping so well at night!  I feed him around 11 pm, whether he asks for it or not, and he sleeps until about 4:30 in the morning!  This has happened for the last 5 nights in a row!
  • He's continuing to roll over (tummy to back).  He usually does it two or three times during every tummy time. 
  • He's starting to smile responsively when I talk to him in the mornings. He's been doing that the last few days, but it's only in the late mornings and it's only for me. The selfish part of me appreciates that this is a sign of our special relationship (Momma's Boy!), but I really want Mac to at least smile at the MacDaddy so that the two of us can enjoy it together. The MacDaddy has taken the week off of work for quality time with Mac, so I'm hoping he'll see a smile by the end of the week...
  • Mac also went to go vote for the first time yesterday. Actually, he went with the MacDaddy and me.
Mac carried the MacMommy's ballot for her.

Mac also got to see democracy at its best. Sort of.
  • Mac is also starting to grow out of a few outfits and grow into more of his clothes. This is very exciting for me. Because everyone was expecting a big baby (i.e., >10 lbs.), I have lots of clothes that will fit him as he starts to grow, but not too many for a 7-pounder. 

Cutie-patootie outfit from Pappy & Gigi:
It fits!



Finally, Gratuitous Cuteness for ya!
The MacFamily, One Week Old

No comments:

Post a Comment