Monday, June 7, 2010

23 Weeks!

Today I am officially 23 weeks pregnant. What does that mean? Well...


  • I'm wearing almost all maternity clothes. I have a few longer t-shirts that I still wear, but this weekend, I started to notice you can see the bottom of the maternity band on my pants -- so they're not long enough to cover my bump! My favorite are the dresses -- they show off my bump, keep me cool, and look professional for work. In fact, there are a couple I wish I could wear after Mac is here!
  • I'm getting big enough that I actually had my first belly rub (from a co-worker).
  • I'm also big enough that co-workers (who haven't heard the announcement) are noticing that I'm pregnant. Yay! I no longer look like I need to cut back on the beers!
  • I'm feeling Mac kick and punch every day. It's not very regular, but I feel it more often when I lie down, when I bend over while sitting down, or when I haven't eaten in a while.
  • I have heartburn every hour or two. The good news is I eat all the spicy food I want. After all, when drinking water or not eating anything can give you heartburn, why not just take some Tums and eat what you like?
  • I frequently (3x/week) have trouble sleeping. Usually, this means I wake up at 2:30 and can't get back to sleep for a couple of hours. Last night, it meant that I could not sleep until after midnight. It's not because I don't need the sleep -- because when I get up the next day, I'm so exhausted it almost hurts to move!
  • Next week I reach viability -- meaning Mac has a chance of survival if he shows up early. (But if he's anything like me or the MacDaddy, I don't think we need to worry about him showing up early, do we?)

No comments:

Post a Comment