Monday, June 28, 2010

26 Weeks!



I feel like I literally grew overnight! Seriously, this morning I woke up feeling bigger than I did yesterday. And based on the picture, I look like it, too!

So I only have 14 weeks until my due date. To put that in perspective, a college semester is 16 weeks. The MacDaddy and I talked about that last week (when there were 15 weeks left) and I think it startled him a little.

I also have less than 100 days left -- 98 days as of today! Of course, I figure we might as well call it 105 days. I figure I'll go late and have to be induced after a week.

Over the past week, I've definitely noticed signs that I'm getting bigger. While I was out of town, I used quite a few bathroom stalls, and in some of the tiny ones, I found it difficult to maneuver myself in and out. More specifically, I found it difficult to maneuver my belly in and out of the stalls.

I've also started to have back pain. Fortunately, I had my first prenatal massage this weekend. It was well timed and heavenly. If only I could have one every day. I'll have another one at the end of July, so I've got that going for me!

On the brighter side, I finally got a maternity swimsuit and tried swimming! It was soooo pleasant -- a great way to exercise without putting pressure on my feet or my back! (Don't worry, Gigi -- we swam after dark or before 9 am, and wore plenty of spf 55 during the daylight.) In the next couple of weeks, I may start trading off the morning dog walks with the MacDaddy in favor of more swimming -- especially as it gets hotter.

Next week I have to take my glucose tolerance test. For those who don't know, it's essentially a test for gestational diabetes. I get to drink a "glucola shake," which I understand tastes like a flat orange crush. Then they draw blood. Then they tell me whether I get to keep eating sweets for the following 12 weeks.

Know what's funny? The instructions say, "Normally during pregnancy you should be avoiding sugars. Before the test, eat normally." What?! No one told me to avoid sugars during pregnancy! I've decided this instruction should be translated to, "Before the test, avoid having cinnamon rolls and/or ice cream. Have some scrambled eggs."

Also next week: I will officially be in my third trimester -- the home stretch!

1 comment: