Monday, July 19, 2010

29 Weeks!

Whoa, look at that! I'm up to the size of a squash (which just happens to look like a pumpkin)!!! And only 12 weeks to go (on my 41-week schedule)!

So at 29 weeks, here's what's happening with me & Mac:
  • According to the OB last week, Mac is now head-down.
  • I think Mac wants to be a drummer, based on what I feel on my bladder all the time. All. The. Time.
  • I have submitted a request to our IT Division at work to relocate my computer to the bathroom, in order to maintain a minimum level of productivity.
  • Due to the lack of electrical outlets and network connections in the bathroom, my IT Division has suggested that I talk to my OB about installing a catheter. I'm seriously considering it.
  • I had two nights of amazing sleep this week. (Definition: continuous sleep for 3-4 hours.)
  • Last night, I never slept for more than an hour straight. I could not get comfortable. When I woke up this morning, my stomach was sore. It felt like I had done 10,000 sit-ups last night. Then, Mac thought that would be a good time to try percussion on my abdominal wall.
  • I am continuing to consume chocolate in order to reduce my risk of developing pre-eclampsia.
  • The MacDaddy has scheduled appointments for us to meet with two pediatricians! (Well, one pediatrician and one nurse practitioner.) He's such a good dad!
In other news, we have our first furlough day this Friday, so I'm not getting paid not to work! To celebrate, Mark and I will drive to Tucson and spend the weekend at our favorite resort. I'm estimating it will be about a 3-hour drive with bathroom stops (1 hour, 45 minutes without).
I wonder how a catheter works when you're swimming . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment