Tuesday, August 3, 2010

31 Weeks!

I know, I know, I'm a day late, and technically I'm 31 weeks and 1 day pregnant today.  But you know what? Pregnancy is exhausting, especially when you add in travel, work and chores.

As for how I'm feeling? As of yesterday: Puffy.  It may be from the long flight from Houston to Phoenix yesterday; it's too early to tell if I'll feel as puffy today. But I just felt puffy all day yesterday. And tired. Other than that, not much different.

Oh, one other thing is a little different: Yesterday I felt Mac kick my ribs -- just a little, not so much that it hurt. It was kinda cute, actually!

As for the trip to Houston, it was short, but sweet! Gigi, Aunt Coco and Granny Sara threw me a lovely shower! Adorable decor (including a diaper cake!), fun games (especially because I didn't have to taste the baby food!) and delicious food (bacon-wrapped apricots, spinach dip, yum!).  My favorite part was getting to see everyone. Not just family, but the next-door neighbors I grew up with, a few old friends...  People I haven't seen since the wedding (or even longer than that).  And of course, I got some wonderful gifts -- and gift cards, which are easier to pack! Hopefully Gigi will send me some photos so I can post them here.

What's coming up this week: Setting up the nursery.  We believe that someone will be here to paint tomorrow (long story), and then we're getting new carpet on Friday.  After that, we can move the dresser upstairs and fill it up -- and start setting up the crib!  In the meantime, this is all very stressful for the MacDaddy and for me -- especially the MacDaddy, who has to pack up his entire study.  He's being a very good sport about it, though.

Hopefully next week, I'll have photos to post of a painted room with crib and dresser...

No comments:

Post a Comment