Monday, August 30, 2010

35 Weeks...

And 35 days to go!  (Well, 42 days, on my 41-week schedule...) Yep, this coming Saturday is one month before my due date. And I'm starting to feel "ready."

As far as the condo goes, I feel like we could manage if Mac showed up now. We still have a few finishing touches for the nursery, and there are probably a few things we could use baby-wise, but I think we could manage to bring him home and survive until we made it to the store to pick up the last few things. (Stay tuned for another nursery post, in which I rave about how hard Gig and the MacDaddy have worked to put it all together!)

As far as my physical state, I am so ready.  I had a few days of relief from the worst of the sciatic pain over the weekend, but this morning it came back full-force. Back to taking baby steps to get anywhere and leaning over at odd angles. My digestive system has forgotten how to run smoothly, what with the constant heartburn. I'm starting to feel a little queasy a lot of the time, too.

What really surprises me is that I don't notice the heat so much any more.  It's like I have enough other complaints that the heat doesn't really make it on the list.  (And it's not just because it's "cooled off" to a mere 98 degrees today -- I felt this way last week at 109.)  It's probably helping that the MacDaddy has officially taken over all the long walks for the Doggie-wog. Although the Doggie-wog is very patient with me, I don't think he could stand having me walk him at 0.5 mph for 30-40 minutes.

I think I read somewhere that Mac should be about 18 inches long and weigh about 5.25 pounds. And in two weeks, he'll be considered "full term." In so many ways, I can't wait to meet him!

(Don't get me wrong -- I much prefer that he keep growing inside me for at least a few weeks. Best for him and best for all of us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment